I’ve been told yes, but am about to find out for sure…..
But first what is cellulite??
By Definition: Cellulite is fat that is deposited in pockets just below the surface of the skin.
Huh? how can something that sounds so simple be the most embarrassing, horrible, ugly things that most of us ladies feel is on our body! I personally have been fighting with it for years… remember, I just turned 50. Cellulite has been my life long nemesis. I am always “close” to getting rid of it, and I know this may sound maddening to some of you, but my upper body is a cake walk for me…. My thighs – ugh!!
So my next little adventure, and I know it’s going to suck – is to FINALLY get it gone – or as close to gone as I can. With that said here are a few things I know about cellulite….
- Like it says above it is fat deposits under the skin
- The more fat you have on your body the bigger those fat cells get
- Even though I work out hard and am a size 4 – I still have it, but the size of it has shrunk
- In my opinion – topical gels and creams do not work
- Body wraps do work – for a short period of time because they basically reduce the amount of fluid in those cells, but when the fluid returns…. so do the bumps (this you can google)
- Diet is a HUGE – I liked this site… (http://www.ageless.co.za/cellulite-diet.htm#Foods)
- It is one of the hardest fats to remove from your body – drat!!
So here is my plan of action – and I guess we will finally see if you can actually get it gone….
- I am honestly about 3 months out – and will share my before with you once I get to my after.
- No processed sugars, simple carbs, etc. Only complex carbs, lean protein, fruits and veggies – oh except for my weekly dinner cheat – this is easy enough for me.
- Ugh – this is the part that is going to be P-A-I-N-F-U-L!!!
- Sprinting – Why? Because it requires your body to take bigger steps and maximize muscle power. This type of training focuses on building muscle in order to perform explosive movements.
- Strength training – Bar Squats, Bar deadlifts – as heavy as I can and Bulgarian split squats – high reps/no weight
- Some plyometric–box jumps, tuck jumps, alternating jump lunges, more adductor/abductor drills (inside/outside of the thighs)
The above plan is from my lovely trainer friend Linda Muszynski – of course these are all things my hubby has told me to do as well – but sometimes I am a tad stubborn and don’t take his advice ;-). The plan is that the extra weight training will help define my muscles, and the sprints/runs/jumps will help decrease size. Which is what I want – touche Linda!!
So here is what my week will look like:
- Mon -Boot Camp
- Tues – Sprints
- Wed – Leg workout
- Thursday – off
- Friday – Boot camp
- Saturday – Leg workout
- Sunday – sprints with Mark (YIKES!)
So let’s see what happens – honestly I’m not looking forward to the work, but know I will love when I get the results I want.